[Gllug] Dell X Setup

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 09:12:30 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Just a shot in the dark, really, but I've been given a workstation
with a 19" Dell 1905FP TFT using an Intel 82865G Integrated Graphics
Device.  I've tried everything I can think of, but cannot get a sane
display - I either get 800x600, which is ludicrous, or I manage to get
a greater resolution, but with 8bit colour.

Knoppix fails to produce any magic, and dpkg-reconfigure and X
-configure seems to produce the same results.

Has anyone had any joy with this combination and can suggest a config
that will give a sensible display?  On Windows I get it running at
1280 x 1024 in 32bit colour.

Thanks!

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk