[Gllug] LinuxDoc / DocBook Documentation Writting

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 13:13:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:47:00 +0100 Tom Schutzer-Weissmann
<trmsw at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> "I'm going to London and talk on global warming."
>
> No passing resemblance to the imperative "go and do something", or the
> entirely normal "I'm going to London to talk on global warming" is
> going to hide the fact that this is nonsense.

It's meaningful to me. Possibly the difference between us is how we
imagine the context.

But I still don't get your point. Do you imagine that software can
cope with grammar? How would it possibly cope with the difference in
opinion between us regard the "go and do" construction, never mind
more complex stuff?

--
 All the best,
 John