[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group (September Meeting, Gary's B

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 13:26:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:57:37 +0100 "Ryland, Peter"
<peter.ryland at squaregain.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 22:33 +0100, John G Walker wrote:
> > It so happens that I'm having a bit of trouble with WiFi on my SuSE
> > 10.1 laptop. So if I bring it along, am I going to get gold-plated
> > advice for the price of a pint? :)
>
> To be sure, also download the latest ndiswrapper source tarball
> (version 1.23 iirc) and any windows driver disc it came with.

Just to clarify, since several people seem confused: I am not having
trouble with wireless. The wireless communication works perfectly with
my home network. So it's neither a driver nor a hardware problem.

My problem is that I can't get connected via WiFi hot spots. Therefore
the prospect of meeting up with a number of technically-skilled people
at a WiFi hot spot seemed like too good an opportunity to miss. Ther
ight be a chance of solving the actual problem (rather than what people
would like the problem to be).

Oh, and it's not a firewall problem either.

> I can bring the Ubuntu CD. ;-P

If you think sacrificing a Ubuntu CD will correct a SuSE problem, then
bring it along! :)

--
 All the best,
 John