[Gllug] OT: Mac code can't be given on an LOU network?

Julian Somers lists at bigpip.com
Thu Sep 21 12:00:27 UTC 2006

On 10:17 Thu 21 Sep     , John G Walker wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:26:51 +0100 Julian Somers <lists at bigpip.com>
> wrote:

> > > Could that be LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) ?
> >
> > Thanks, Ben, Richard and John. She must have said LLU not LOU.
> >
> > I guess I'll have to leave the switch until we're away. Can't do
> > without the interweb for fourteen minutes let alone fourteen days in
> > this house!
> >
> > Julian
> >

> This is a wee bit frightening. I'd have to make the same choice as
> Julian if I was in the same position, and I suspect most other people
> on this list would be in the same position.
>
> What this means is that someone can get stuck with an ISP because of
> issues that were not apparent at the time the contract was taken out.
> The price of changing could very well be bigger than any issues you
> have with your ISP or savings you could make by moving.
>
> Scary,
Yes, irritating -- the Tiscali connection has been really unreliable
these last few weeks. Latency like a dialup, can't do voip. (You get
what you pay for.)

Rather than wrestle with Tiscali for a MAC code, I could get cable
broadband from ntl, and quit tiscali once the ntl connection is running.

Is ntl any better? Or am I just buying into another long term
relationship that's a pain to get out of?

> --
>  All the best,
>  John

thanks,