[Gllug] OT: Mac code can't be given on an LOU network?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Sep 21 15:16:39 UTC 2006

Julian Somers wrote:
[snip]
> Is ntl any better? Or am I just buying into another long term
> relationship that's a pain to get out of?

I never thought I'd see the words "NTL" and "better" in the same
sentence.  NTL's customer service is quite unbelievably bad.  You may
think BT and Tiscali are a pain, but you'll run whimpering back to them
once you've experienced NTL.  I had to get Oftel involved simply to get
NTL to terminate the service - this after six months of trying
everything else, up to and including a large number of letters sent
first by recorded delivery and then by special delivery.  As far as I
can discover, the NTL people simply signed for the letters and then
threw them away.

Don't even *dream* of signing up with NTL.

If it's that much of a problem, why not get a brand new phone line with
BT, complete with ADSL from a competent ISP (e.g. Andrews and Arnold, or
Jason's UKFSN).  Once that's up and running, migrate your existing
telephone number to VoIP and terminate the old line.  It may seem
wasteful, but it will save you grey hairs in the long run.

HTH
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk