[Gllug] Re: OT: Mac OS X for a linux user

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Fri Sep 8 13:51:24 UTC 2006

* Jack Bertram <jack at jbertram.net> [060906 18:10]:
> Has anyone used OS X in anger?

Thanks all for interesting and thoughtful replies.  I'm surprised by the
number of people who have used OS X - and the general enthusiasm for the
engineering and usability of the system.  I'm certainly intrigued by the
idea of switching, although it'll take a little longer before I make the
financial case for the plunge.

With respect to proprietary vs open source - I'm not religious about
these things: I use open source software on my servers but am happy to
purchase proprietary software where it does the job for me better.

All best,