[Gllug] Photo printing has gone all green

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 22:58:38 UTC 2006

John Winters wrote:

> That's useful to know.  I'm convinced it's a software change that's doing
> it because the printing has simultaneously got a lot faster.  The speed is
> nice but the green tinge isn't.
>
> No-one who's seen the current tinged output could possibly argue that it's
> a subjective thing.  The colour balance is just plain wrong.

The bug I filed is here:-

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1377463&group_id=1537&atid=101537

It has my scans of comparative output. The bug was about alignment, but
you can see the colour balance changes very easily in one of the two
sets of images I posted - see if it looks like what you're getting.

> Can you give me some clues on how to adjust the colour balance?

Not writing this on the machine with the printer, but from memory when
you print from GIMP there's a button on the dialog that unlocks the
defaults, and lets you adjust the balance.

Alternatively, ISTR the R300 has a card slot. Copy the JPEG files onto
the card, and print them directly from the front panel.

> Indeed.  I was using a Sarge workstation and now I'm using up to date
> Etch.  I think I'll install Sarge under VMware and do some tests.

I'd be curious to see what you get.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk