[Gllug] silent bootup

salsaman salsaman at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 10 02:44:33 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I am working on an embedded system which needs to boot up as silently as
possible - i.e. minimal output on the console.
Is there a way to stop the output of the normal bootup messages on
system start ?

I'm also getting some little "penguin" images at the top of the screen -
it's not the splash screen, which I have disabled. While very cute for a
desktop system, they are not so cute on an embedded machine. I've not
been able to find out how to get rid of those either.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Gabriel.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk