[Gllug] VOT: Family Cars

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 12:05:53 UTC 2006

On Sun 24 Sep, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:

> paul at ma1.se wrote:
> > Nowadays I suppose its worth considering a deisel version as you might
> > be able to run on a blend "biodiverse" fuel, in fact I think Tesco
> > garages now offer this.
>
> Anyone experimented with vegetable oil as a fuel on here?
>
> I've just finished reading "From the fryer to the fuel tank" and now I'm
> looking for a cheap diesel to experiment with! :)
>
> Ben

   Could be better than trying to clean and re-use the oil for frying fish
and chips, as long as we do not end up hacking down yet more tropical
rainforest so that we can run cheap cars. (There have been reports that the
latest craze for Soya has resulted in just that, but the land will only
support Soya for a short time, after which it goes to waste, and often to
desert.)

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk