[Gllug] Is there an IDE/BIOS boundary between 20G and 120G?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Sep 2 13:49:47 UTC 2006

I'm trying to put together a PC (for no terribly good reason) out of
odds and sods I have lying around.  The motherboard is slightly old but
good (a twin Pentium-II 450MHz, in a system originally built by the late
lamented GND).  I've got one slight oddity which is puzzling me though.
  The first HDD I tried to use is a 120G one and the BIOS refused to
detect it.  It is however happy with the 20G one which I tried next.

I don't remember a boundary between 20G and 120G.  I remember one at 6G
and another at 127G.  Was there one of those "I don't understand a disc
this big" boundaries between 20G and 120G?

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk