[Gllug] Thoughts on the breadth of Free Software

Dan Stevens (IAmAI) dan.stevens.iamai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 13:12:19 UTC 2006

I've got my final year of university coming up and as a result, I have
to start thinking about my dissertation. I'm aspiring to develop
something to become ultimately free software that might be useful to
at least some people. I have a few ideas for projects but I thought it
would be interesting to find out people's opinion on the breadth of
free software and if anyone considers free software lacks in providing
in certain areas or something where they wish there was a free
software solution. I guess aspiring to create something someone might
actually want to use and actually doing it well enough so they do, are
two very different things, but perhaps at least if I choose something
that hasn't been done before as free software it would mean I won't be
competing with an older, probably better written project and perhaps
someone may even be grateful for it :) I'd be grateful of any thoughts
people might have.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk