[Gllug] Cups and classes

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Sep 29 14:11:06 UTC 2006

I have an HP laserjet on this machine.
Cups calls it "hp_par_HP_LaserJet_2100_Series", which I don't seem to be
able to change.

In order to give it a meaningful name, I add a class "laserjet2100", and
configure the class to have one member.

I can see the class from another machine when I do "lpstat -a".

Then I try and print to the class from the other machine.

Cups on the other machine vanishes into lala land. The last thing in the
log is that it has queued the print job, but it no longer responds on
the admin port.

Anyone got any ideas?

All Cups configuration is being done through the web-based frontends, if
that makes any difference.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadowrobot.com/hand/overview.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk