[Gllug] Recommendations for an IMAP server

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 10:56:21 UTC 2006

John Winters wrote:
> I suspect I may go with one of the simpler options.  I have an existing
> uw-imapd installation which I need to migrate and Cyrus doesn't seem to
> have any migration tools, unlike one of the others.

There are tools available - try the info-cyrus list.

> If I were planning to have 250,000 users then it might be worth it,
> but with just 4 it's probably overkill.

I thought that originally; I've tried many imap servers and cyrus is
definitely my preferred one now.

Not only has it got sieve server-side filters built in, but you can also
use plused addressing where, for example, an email arrives addressed to
user+folderTest at example.com it automatically gets placed in the users
folderTest folder.  Well, I like it! :)

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk