[Gllug] Watching cron jobs during execution -- how

Iain Gray iain.dv at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:02:54 UTC 2006

by default the output of any cron will be mailed to the owner of the
crontab unless you set a
 MAILTO=
line at the top.

by simply redirecting the output of the command to a file would work:

01 01 * * * yum -y upgrade > /tmp/yumout.`date +%d%m%y`.log

messages about the cron jobs are in /var/log/cron

Hope this helps

Iain

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk