[Gllug] Anti-DRM event in Central London tomorrow!

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 08:05:58 UTC 2006

<rant>
Copyright expiry is already FAR too long after the original work is produced in
view !   As things stands, a copyright-holders heir can sit on his/her bum
and earn a nice wodge of money for doing absolutely nothing.  The copyyright
holder himself can produce one work and live the rest of his life on the back
of it.

Patents, which often require far greater effort to produce the patented
artifact, last a much shorter period.   God help us if, for example, drug
companies could obtain the same length of protection by patent as do copyright-
holders.

Jaundiced view perhaps,  but I fail to see why most of this in this world
should have to work all our lives but some by dint of producing something
copy-able should be able to reap the benefits thereof for a ludicrously
long period.
</rant>
Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk