[Gllug] Re: Anti-DRM event in Central London tomorrow!

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 08:08:54 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 September 2006 09:03, Simon Morris wrote:

> And anyway... Culture evolves rather than is invented overnight. The
> Heavy Metal scene of the 1980s \m/ evolved from the Punk scene of the
> 1980s and Grunge music evolved from that

Sorry - getting OT - but 80's Heavy Metal just followed on from 60's and 70's
HM.  The first HM band was (probably) Iron Butterfly, and Steppenwolf are
credited with the term "Heavy Metal".

I would argue that ALL there was to be done in the HM genre was done in the
early 70s by Deep Purple!

Regards

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk