[Gllug] can't boot up suse 10.0 from hard drive

Simon Morris sm at beerandspeech.org
Fri Sep 29 21:56:32 UTC 2006

On 29/09/06, Diana Scott <dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I can't boot up my suse 10.0 and I used the installation dvd to repair it.
> It found the dba 6 (disk drive 6) is corrupted and repaired.
>
> And then the program seems to be stalled itself running and running but the
> progress meter not running at Mounting the windows at 51 %. hard disk were
> running for a few minutes but no response.
>
> When I pressed the button 'pasue' or 'abort' but still no response.
>
> When I boot up from hard disk and the icon stopped after the second one
> before the card icon.

Hello Diana,

You really need to provide some more accurate and meaningful
information. I am sure people really want to help (I do!) but nobody
can without some sort of error code or technical description.

Lets start on what happens when you boot normally... you said:

"When I boot up from hard disk and the icon stopped after the second
one before the card icon."

Describe as accurately and as verbosely as you can how you got to that
stage. Was that after you provided your username and password? Was it
a graphical icon? Did you graphical server start and give you keyboard
and mouse movement.

Are there any error messages? Can you log into your Linux system from
a text based (white text on black background) logon?

Be verbose!

--
~sm
Jabber: sm at jabber.fsfe.org