[Gllug] Help!

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 21:59:36 UTC 2006

Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> Occassionally I need to recogfigure my machine at home (eg where this
> email account/apache server webamail is based). But I work somewhere were
> everything but port 80 and 443 are blocked.
>
> I foudn away round this using linuxzoo.net - create an account and then
> use their javascript based telnet client to log into the VM and then SSH
> to my box. But today their VMs are failing to boot.
>
> Is there any similar means anyone is aware of?

Run your sshd on port 443. Then run apache on port 80, and install
MindTerm. This is a Java app that is a full SSH1/SSH2 application with
vt102/xterm emulation.

You then simply point your browser at your website, and it will download
and run MindTerm within the browser's Java VM, and you can connect back
to your ssh daemon running on port 443.

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk