[Gllug] Suspend / resume from an external USB disk not supported by the BIOS

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 12:06:12 UTC 2007

> > Umm...
> >
> > You want to hibernate to the disk and then resume
> from it, right?
> >
> > How do you expect that to be possible? You can't
> resume from a device
> > you can't see until after you've resumed and
> loaded USB drivers. Perhaps
> > finding a USB-IDE adapter which is recognised by
> the BIOS would be a
> > better plan.

That's a nice idea,  but I'm saving up for a new
computer :)

I expected or hoped it to be possible because I'm not
using a bios-based resume, but one in the linux
kernel, which would therefore have to be loaded - at
least in part - for resuming to happen normally. It
just sounds like "in part" doesn't include "with usb
storage support".

Regards,
TomSW

http://mail.yahoo.com