[Gllug] Free Vs enterprise OSS releases

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Sun Apr 1 23:17:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 00:34 +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> My microwave dinner comes wrapped in plastic.  My new Playstation
> Portable. comes wrapped in plastic.  Because it's safe to put the meal
> in the microwave, it must also be safe to put the PSP in a microwave, right?

A comparison that is more applicable is:

My store bought dinner has microwave instructions. I bought this other
dinner at the store and the packaging looks similar. Because the
materials look similar it will be safe to microwave the other dinner.

Just because the differences are not screaming at you does not mean that
they will have no effect on the out come and as such your mileage will
vary if taking such risks.

Justin
--
If you are an adult, you can choose to act like a child. If you do not
accept being an adult, you are only a child. -JJJ