[Gllug] OT: ADSL problems

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Apr 12 11:29:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, David Bell wrote:

> Place the ball firmly in Tiscali's court and insist that there is
> something wrong with the line.  I did this with my ISP a few weeks ago
> and the next day a BT engineer spent the morning on the job and found 3
> faults on my line, despite the fact that the 'phone worked perfectly.

That's a good way to sit around without the fault being fixed.

If the fault is on the PSTN service BT OpenReach (the part of BT that deal
with fault resolution for ADSL) will not touch it. It has to be raised
with and fixed by BT retail or the telco you use for your phone service.

Insisting that your ISP get it fixed just wont work if it's a PSTN fault.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk