[Gllug] OT: ADSL problems

David Bell grimpen at wife-2cats-and.me.uk
Thu Apr 12 13:55:58 UTC 2007

On 12 Apr 2007, at 12:29, Jason Clifford wrote:

> That's a good way to sit around without the fault being fixed.

"I sat around" for 12 hours until BT made an appointment for the next
day - and kept to it!

> If the fault is on the PSTN service BT OpenReach (the part of BT
> that deal
> with fault resolution for ADSL) will not touch it. It has to be raised
> with and fixed by BT retail or the telco you use for your phone
> service.
>
> Insisting that your ISP get it fixed just wont work if it's a PSTN
> fault.

It has with my ISP.  It was a (very nice) BT OpenReach engineer that
they called out, who cleared an exchange fault, swapped a drop lead
pair from the pole which wasn't up to spec' and a dodgy connection on
the lead-in to the master socket - ALL organised by my ISP.

Perhaps things are different in Devon :)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk