[Gllug] LDAP/AD integration

Juergen Schinker ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net
Wed Apr 11 11:40:34 UTC 2007

Am Di, 10.04.2007, 20:40, schrieb Mike Brodbelt:

> Just a quick question for the list - has anyone been involved in
> integrating MS AD and OpenLDAP based environments, or in moving an AD
> centred environment to OpenLDAP without breaking things like Exchange
> servers? Any pointers/suggestions/tales of woe would be appreciated.

that is an real biggie but not impossible
you could connect openldap with AD or subordinate etc

when you present all fields that exchange expects in Openldap
i see no problems...

or export the AD-Content and import it in Openldap...

you can nearly integrate everything with Openldap

AD is in most parts compatible with common known Schematas but has its
own "Extensions" to be inoperable enough

however this is an big approach and needs a lot experience

tales:

i ldapized everything on my Server even DNS
so i have only virtual users and real sigle sign on
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk