OT people receive threats from law firm over P2P (was [Gllug] Wiki -Relakks)

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Apr 4 21:55:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> The devil's advocate in me has two questions:  Are you deliberately
> running an AP? If not how long has your AP been comprised?  On the
> otherhand, ff your AP is secure, why are you worried?

Define secure.

Many people are using 64bit WEP on their AP. You and I know that it only
takes a few minutes to crack but the average punter has no such knowledge
and it is not reasonable to expect that they do - after all the industry
offers it as a secure option.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98