OT people receive threats from law firm over P2P (was [Gllug] Wiki -Relakks)

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Apr 4 21:53:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> >> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38576
> >>
> >> maybe now more would be interested in encryting their Traffic
> >>
> >> or just pay 300-600£ ....
> >>
> >> the ISP's seem to hand out personal details
>
> hm yeah it's related coz once you surf over the VPN -Tunnel
>
> you don't have to fear any lawsuits or bad guys using your Accesspoint...

No reputable ISP will hand over details without a court order.

We regalarly receive complaints of copyright infringement and our response
is only to forward the complaint to the customer accused with a note
pointing out that if they are engaged in the infringing activity they need
to stop and if not to ignore it.

Experience suggests that most of the complaints are bogus.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98