[Gllug] glibc2.6.1 problem - Urgent!

Yashpal Nagar yash at linux-delhi.org
Sat Dec 1 18:55:29 UTC 2007

Nix wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2007, Progga stated:
> I am not an expert on this, but I have a feeling that running 'ldconfig -v'
> might help.  This'll update the library cache.  AFAIK library cache is
> update when the system starts.  So if you have already restarted the machine
> without any success then ignore this mail.
>

> Nah, those symptoms are clear: upgrading glibc installed a new
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 symlink, and uninstalling it blew that symlink away
> and didn't replace it.

Does it mean, re-installing of glibc-2.3.3 once again (though it is
already installed), will replace all those such links? I have
glibc-2.3.3 and glibc-2.6.1, installed by Mr mate with "--force" option
in rpm.

host3:/ # rpm -qa|grep -i glib
glibc-i18ndata-2.3.3-98.61
glibc-32bit-9-200512100800
glibc-locale-32bit-9-200512100801
glibc-2.6.1-18
glibc-locale-2.3.3-98.61
glib-32bit-9-200501041713
glibc-info-2.3.3-98.61
glibc-devel-2.3.3-98.61
glibc-devel-32bit-9-200512100801
glib-1.2.10-586.2
glibc-2.3.3-98.61
glib2-2.2.3-117.2
glib2-32bit-9-200507121454
glibc-2.4-31.2

Could anyone help, how could glibc-2.6.1 be removed, with only having
native glibc-2.3.3 for SLES 9 distribution ?

Best regards
Yash

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk