[Gllug] glibc2.6.1 problem - Urgent!

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Dec 2 01:40:36 UTC 2007

On 1 Dec 2007, Yashpal Nagar verbalised:
> Nix wrote:
>> Nah, those symptoms are clear: upgrading glibc installed a new
>> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 symlink, and uninstalling it blew that symlink away
>> and didn't replace it.
>>

> Does it mean, re-installing of glibc-2.3.3 once again (though it is
> already installed), will replace all those such links? I have

I'd certainly expect it to.

> glibc-2.3.3 and glibc-2.6.1, installed by Mr mate with "--force" option
> in rpm.

I hope he's learnt why --force is nearly always a bad idea...

> Could anyone help, how could glibc-2.6.1 be removed, with only having
> native glibc-2.3.3 for SLES 9 distribution ?

(I'll leave answering that to someone who actually uses SUSE.)

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk