[Gllug] (article) Bogus bobbies raid Kings Cross data centre

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 8 19:51:33 UTC 2007

On Sat 08 Dec, John G Walker wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 12:18:49 +0000 Alex Smith <asmith at asmhosting.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Think maybe Datacenter's need to look at their security again?
>
> May be they need to check the id of anyone claiming to be a copper,

   I had to have security clearance for my old job, and had to re-submit all
the information for the annual application. I can be reasonably sure that
further checks would be made. However I have never seen a police ID card and
would not recognise it if one was shown to me, while my own pass looked
impressive, with a photo, but few people would be able to say that it was
genuine unless a number of people turned up with similar passes.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk