[Gllug] On a Fasthost adv.

John Winters jhwinters at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 20:49:34 UTC 2007

Caroline Ford wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 20:07 +0000, - Tethys wrote:
>> On Dec 19, 2007 8:13 PM, Caroline Ford
>> <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This also requires an ssh server which I don't have..
>> A Bytemark box is only 15 quid a month....
>>
>> Tet
>>
> Which is rather a lot for irc access, at half the price of my
> 'broadband' access.

You're paying thirty quid a month for a crippled service!?  Eeek!  I
thought the only reason people went with the major players and their
incompetent offerings was to keep the price down.

For less than 30 pounds a month you can get a perfectly respectable
proper broadband connection, with a fixed IP address, no controls on
what ports you use, human beings who can tell their arses from their
elbows on the other end of the phone, and honestly stated usage limits
(mine is 3 GB / month during the working day, genuinely unlimited for
evenings and weekends).

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk