[Gllug] Dvorak: why don't the day-to-day annoyances in Windows ever get fixed?

Thu Dec 6 22:04:40 UTC 2007

A rather interesting turn-around of the usual criticism of FOSS code -
that there's 'no-one' to rail-on to get problems fixed, this 'cranky
geek' article by the PC Mag pundit discusses his thoughts as to why
well-recognised problems with Microsoft products aren't (ever) fixed.

Of possible interest to evangelical/evangelistic types (of the Linux faith).

Regards,
=dn

The Problem with Eating Your Own Dog Food
11.15.07
Dvorak

Microsoft employees are expected to use Microsoft products at home and
at work. So why don't the day-to-day annoyances in Windows ever get fixed?
Whatever the case, I'm still baffled by some of the long-term annoyances
we suffer with Windows, and instead of complaining about them I decided
it might be best to explore the psychology behind the fact that they
never get fixed.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk