[Gllug] On a Fasthost adv.

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Dec 19 12:46:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 12:34 +0000, Ryan Cartwright wrote:
> One friend is furious that his ISP has advertised up to 8mb and the best
> he can get (because of his line apparently) is just over 1Mb.

That's my point though. Lots of people are being misled by the campaign
into thinking they are being ripped off when in reality they are simply
getting the best service possible on their line.

In what sense should your friend actually be furious or otherwise
unhappy with a 1Mb connection if that's all his line can sustain?

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk