[Gllug] postfix vacation

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Dec 26 13:56:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 11:57:36AM +0000, David wrote:
> On Friday 21 December 2007 11:50:57 am countd wrote:
>
> > Ever the curmudgeon Martin. :) Thing is, while I feel an aversion to
> > auto responders, users demand them and it can't really hurt to let a
> > contact know why you've stopped responding to their emails for ten
> > days.
>
> Thus bombarding lists like this one with, "out of office" messages :(

A proper vacation facility will ignore mailing list messages and
auto-responses from other mailing systems and will not get caught in an
endless loop of replies even where the other mailing system is poorly
configured.  The vacation program bundled with most Unices is more than
adequate for this task.

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.