[Gllug] Make ghost on a dedicated server

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu Dec 6 09:44:45 UTC 2007

Hi

raphaël Benard wrote:
> You must boot by network on a ramdisk which has no soft for make a ghost.

1&1's rescue image is basically a full Debian netboot, which means there
is plenty of opportunity to get ghosting tools on it.

Having said that, what's wrong with rsyncing the whole filesystem while
the machine is booted normally and running? It may mean running it to an
external machine rather than the provided ftp, but that may be a good
thing (I don't want to put my data on some random ftp site that could be
run by idiots!)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones