[Gllug] OT unable to delete a spam item

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 09:46:21 UTC 2007

Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:-

 >I read emails on a system that allows me to examine the
 >complete email and header exactly as received, and have seen
 >large emails that appear empty, but on examination in a
 >simple editor contain an extended header, sometimes with one
 >or more blank lines, and what could be hidden commands to
 >exploit vulnerabilities. I ignore HTML emails from all
 >sources, but can examine almost anything that arrives without
 >fear that my system could be affected or infected.

Ctrl-U in the Netscape mail reader is supposed to give what
you get, but in this case, it doesn't show up anything
which seems untoward to me. I do from time to time put emails
into a text editor when preparing a complaint about spam -
I did so with this one and it showed nothing 'hidden'.

Thanks for the response.

John.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk