[Gllug] offsite backup services

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 16:59:56 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 4:53 PM, Ryan Cartwright <ryan at crimperman.org> wrote:

> To which I would ask - is there a pay-off for bandwidth?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking there. I'm hosting my servers
with a friend, and am getting a good deal on both hosting and
bandwidth. But that's mostly irrelevant here -- rsync is explicitly
designed to minimize bandwidth usage. Unless you have massive daily
churn, then your bandwidth usage is likely to be well within any
limits imposed by the hosting company (aside from a one off initial
copy, of course).

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk