[Gllug] On a Fasthost adv.

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Dec 20 10:30:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 10:19 +0000, Richard Huxton wrote:
> The problem is that "up to 8Mb" means "probably 7Mb" to 95% of the
> public. The figure is intended to deceive, otherwise it would say
> "typically 1-2Mb".

Why do you think that?

I know that is simply not true for most of my customers. Most (over 60%)
of them have speeds over 5Mb/s except at the busiest times on the
network during which times (a couple of hours during weekday nights and
a fair bit of the weekend when everyone is downloading half the 'net)
speeds are variable down to 2Mb/s.

That's a long way from "typically 1-2Mb"

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk