[Gllug] mepis (now Ubuntu) wireless error

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:36:19 UTC 2007

co at byintelligentdesign.co.uk wrote:
> Ok, losing the will to live now. Latest error is:
>
> ./install_rt61_rt73.sh: line 158: make: command not found

This is because you haven't got the build-essential package installed.
Ubuntu by default doesn't include build tools, including make.

If you look at packages.ubuntu.com and search for build essentials you
can see what the dependencies are. you'll need to install all of those
packages, and they are all on the cd.

You won't be able to compile the driver until you have a) the build
tools b) the kernel headers.

Thankfully you probably won't ever have to do this again. I'm sorry
Ubuntu is being brain damaged and making you install dependencies manually.

Caroline
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk