[Gllug] Job Advert

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 9 21:44:52 UTC 2007

On 9 Feb 2007, Iain Gray told this:
>> > df -h
>>
> I would be happy with just df anything

Wow. Why do people turn up to interviews so ill-prepared?!

>> find . -maxdepth 0 -printf '%s\n'
>
> Or in linux world
> du -s /dirname

That's in POSIX, so it's portable :)

(I recommend you install the POSIX manpages: Debian has them in non-free
as manpages-posix and manpages-posix-dev; other Linux distros have them
packaged as well. They're a lot more convenient than the POSIX
webpages.)

> Again ANYTHING!! (he pleads brokenly) would do. Hell, so long as it
> has a d in it I'd probably cry with relief.

`deltree'

;)

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names