[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux/Windows sys admin in Central London

Adam Winkel ajwinkel at janestcapital.com
Fri Feb 9 15:51:50 UTC 2007

Jane Street Europe Limited is looked to hire a top-notch Unix and
Windows systems administrator for our London office, which is located
in Central London near the Liverpool Street tube stop. Jane Street
Europe is offering a minimum of GBP 35,000 for this position, but we
expect to pay more for a well-qualified, experienced candidate.

We are part of the Jane Street Group of companies, which is headed
by Jane Street Capital, LLC, a US proprietary trading firm that
operates around the clock and around the world. Jane Street Europe
Limited has been established to provide investment advisory, dealing,
and management services to the Jane Street Group.

The Jane Street Group brings a deep understanding of trading, a
scientific approach, and innovative technology to bear on the problem
of trading profitably on the world’s highly-competitive financial
markets. Our UK operation is small and nimble; technology and
trading are tightly integrated.

The Jane Street Group employs over a hundred people in New York,
Chicago, and Tokyo, and recently opened an office in London. Our
London office is currently small, but we are looking to grow
significantly over the next year and beyond. We need a highly
qualified and self-reliant systems administrator to support our
traders and development staff. Coordination with systems staff
in our New York office is required.

Desired qualifications include:
* Background in Unix/Linux systems administration (required)
* Experience using scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl) for
systems administration tasks (required)
* Some experience with Windows systems administration
* Experience with third-party trading and financial markets-related
software: Bloomberg, Reuters, Bear Sterns Polar, TTrader,
etc. is not required, but is a plus
* Experience programming in OCaml or another functional language,
such as lisp, scheme, or Haskell is not expected, but
would be very welcome
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and
Access is a plus

Required Qualification:
* Applicants must have the right to live and work in the U.K.

The environment at Jane Street is open, informal, intellectual,
and fun. We provide competitive salaries and rapid advancement
for solid performers. Dress is casual, the pantry is stocked,
and discussions are always lively.

Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to

london-sysadmin-2007 at janestcapital.com

You can find out more about Jane Street at www.janestcapital.com.