[Gllug] [OT] Thinkpads

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue Feb 13 19:10:31 UTC 2007

Hi

Steve Nelson wrote:
> I'd appreciate opinions / experiences comparing T23 and T30 thinkpads.

I would say that a very good place to compare them, specifically their
Linux support, is www.thinkwiki.org

As an X40 owner and working in a linux-laptop-only company that is more
thinkpads than anything else, they are generally excellent Linux
machines. Well made, good keyboards, but most of all, vendor supported
drivers for a lot of hardware and open drivers for most of the rest.

I'm by no means up to date with the competing distros, but at an Ubuntu
conference you will see a very high density of thinkpads and so they
tend to work well out of the box with my preferred distro.</advocacy> ;)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net