[Gllug] New Linux user here ^^

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sun Feb 25 17:34:00 UTC 2007

John G Walker wrote:
> Martin, if you think it's obvious that your reply wasn't relevant,
> would it be too presumptuous of me to ask why you made it?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

I pointed out that the recipe posted was one example of where open
source solution failed to be comprehensible to a mere mortal user.

I gave an example of how Microsoft would probably provide an equivalent
feature.

John then said "an easily comprehensible option which doesn't do what
you want is *not* an advantage." which is entirely axiomatic.

Did I miss a point somewhere?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk