[Gllug] QT advise

Wenceslao Requejo W.Requejo at student.westminster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 13:21:27 UTC 2007

Dear Matt

> Hi there,
>
> With Qt 3, you don't always need to subclass.  You can double-click
> anywhere on the form's background and it will display a code-editing
> widget where you can si
I did try that, but as I am using qt-designer from within kdevelop,
when doing double click it creates another class that inherits that of the form.
And adds that class (both the .h and .cpp files) automatically to the QMake manager.
And here my question...For a simple dialog widget with just an OK
button,it is quite esy to subclass as not much is needed on the signal
function( maybe just a call to the appropiate close() slot. But in a
bigger widget, like a main window, the signal functions will need to do
many different things appart from calling a slot.

> (However, if you're thinking of migrating to Qt 4, this no longer works.
>   You need to read the Qt 4 Designer documentation for that, because the
> ui.h system has gone and the way of subclassing has totally changed in

> And we don't talk about callbacks in Qt.  Qt does not use them.
Thanks...I'm still thinking on gtk..
> I hope this helps.
Sure does, Cheers

Wenceslao Requejo