[Gllug] QT advise

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 13:38:58 UTC 2007

On 19/02/07, Wenceslao Requejo <W.Requejo at student.westminster.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear Matt
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > With Qt 3, you don't always need to subclass.  You can double-click
> > anywhere on the form's background and it will display a code-editing
> > widget where you can si
> I did try that, but as I am using qt-designer from within kdevelop,
> when doing double click it creates another class that inherits that of the form.
> And adds that class (both the .h and .cpp files) automatically to the QMake manager.
> And here my question...For a simple dialog widget with just an OK
> button,it is quite esy to subclass as not much is needed on the signal
> function( maybe just a call to the appropiate close() slot. But in a
> bigger widget, like a main window, the signal functions will need to do
> many different things appart from calling a slot.

Please explain how you are going to get them to do anything other than
calling a slot, (or many slots). I generally find inheritance works
better and you need to do it this way if you ever wish to upgrade to
Qt4 writing code in the ui.h is how to be lazy, However being lazy is
often quicker even if it does not produce particularly good code, I
quite often end up converiting from one method to the other.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk