[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Feb 20 00:00:13 UTC 2007

On 19 Feb 2007, Christopher Hunter verbalised:

> On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 00:24 +0000, John G Walker wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure why you think reducing revenue is self-defeating in this
>> case. The purpose of the congestion charge is to reduce pollution in
>> central London, and this it has done (or so my lungs tell me). It's got
>> nothing to do with revenue.
>
> It really IS just a revenue-raising exercise - that it might give

If it's a revenue-raising exercise it seems odd that it's never raised
very much revenue.

> "green" benefits is just a bonus to Ken "I don't like cars" Livingstone.
> It's just another way in which Livingstone can pursue his personal
> vendetta against motorists.

I see no signs of personal bias here.

[snip ludicrous conspiracy theories]

*plonk*

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names