[Gllug] Job Advert

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 15:03:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:45:16PM +0000, Peter Childs wrote:

> >What about the sex ones, eg: child benefit goes to the mother of the child
> >?
>
> Not 100% true, Dads can (and do) get Child Benefit. And in some cases
> its a good idea. Its meant to go to the "Full Time Carer" so if your a
> stay at home dad,  claiming the Child Benefit will get your National
> Insurance Payed. If both parents work it does not make a lot of
> difference. You can switch it if you want just give the Child Benefit
> people a call.

I know (I am in the process of getting some transferred to me since one
son has decided to come & live with me) - but in the case of a family
living together the woman will get the child allowance... it was set
up that way.

In the case of separated parents they don't split it, although Eugen Hockenjos
won a case to make them - but the government instantly appealed.
But don't get me started on the subject of family law ...

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/