[Gllug] Job Advert

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:45:16 UTC 2007

On 08/02/07, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:59:20AM +0000, Jason Clifford wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, t.clarke wrote:
> >
> > > where do you get those tax free allowance figures from ?
> > >
> > > I'd love a 13,000 a year tax-free allowance  :-)
> >
> > The total tax free allowances for a person aged 65-74 is 13345 on the
> > standard allowance basis and 5035 for a person aged below 65.
> >
> > That's based upon various age based allowances and credits. The important
> > thing is that they are specifically age based which seems to be clear
> > discrimination on the basis of age alone.
>
> Right or wrong this is what government does. Do as you are told, not as we tell you to do.
>
> There are lots of other age related ''injustices'', eg: free dental care & prescriptions to kids.
>
> What about the sex ones, eg: child benefit goes to the mother of the child ?

Not 100% true, Dads can (and do) get Child Benefit. And in some cases
its a good idea. Its meant to go to the "Full Time Carer" so if your a
stay at home dad,  claiming the Child Benefit will get your National
Insurance Payed. If both parents work it does not make a lot of
difference. You can switch it if you want just give the Child Benefit
people a call.

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk