[Gllug] [OT] Adhoc car rental

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat Feb 17 15:38:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:

> The Netherlands has a very good system, "Greenwheels". Basically, you
> pay a small fee to join, and then you get a card. You can then look up
> on a website where your nearest "Greenwheels" car is parked. You use the
> card to unlock the car, and drive it to where you want to go. You then
> get charged for the distance driven.

There is a similar system in operation in London. I cannot remember that
name however my brother in law uses it from time to time.

None of these systems are of any use to people like me who live outside
London and need to be able to ferry my family around with most journeys
being 20+ miles.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98