[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 02:21:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 01:16 +0000, David Damerell wrote:

> Well, with the figures wrong, the statement that in Britain we pay the
> lowest taxes in the world has some basis in fact.

Can I have some of what you're drinking?  Britain is amongst the highest
taxed nations in the world.  This government has made a concerted effort
to keep the obvious rates of income tax fairly static - and against the
rest of the world, they look good.

However, when you take into account all the other taxes, levies and
duties you pay, the picture changes radically.  We are one of the most
highly taxed nations in the world.  I suggest you do some careful
analysis of how your income is disposed, and you'll be shocked.

C.