[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Feb 23 00:09:10 UTC 2007

On Thursday, 22 Feb 2007, Christopher Hunter wrote:
>facts of the matter.  You can sneer at the "Daily Mail tendency" of some
>people, but all the sarcasm in the world isn't going to do you much good
>when your home is burgled, you get robbed in the street and get
>photographed by a speed camera (all three in the same day happened to
>one of my colleagues last week).

The last one won't happen to me because I don't break that particular
law, a simple and straightforward remedy - and how exactly would that
make me a victim of crime, anyway? It would make me a criminal.  Do
you _not_ want criminals to be punished, all of a sudden?

As for the first two, I've yet to see any actual evidence that they're
any more likely today than they were ten years ago. Obviously they
happen sometimes; that is not really a new fact.

Today is Brieday, February.