[Gllug] Fighting a virus (very OT)

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Fri Feb 16 16:41:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, February 16, 2007 4:17 pm, paul at ma1.se wrote:
> - Tethys wrote:
>> On 2/16/07, Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>    I have just checked, and the total is now 1506620, so more names
>>> have
>>> been added.
>>
>> And the relevance of this to GLLUG is what, exactly?
>>
>> Tet
>
> None and people with a pro motoring agenda have tried to push it on
> various mailing lists I subscribe to which makes me very suspicious.
>
> Needless to say the so called emails promoting the car petition and the
> petition itself are based on half truths and totally made up rubbish.
>
> Sorry for responding but I think "propaganda" has to be rebutted.

I was going to reply to some of the trashier claims in the original post -
such as the tin-foil-hat-special that "they" (the ones in black
helicopters I assume) were keeping it secret when its been on the front
pages of the papers for weeks, but instead here is the counter petition
should you wish to sign:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/yes2roadpricing/